Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Melicipes

This weekend we were busy creating lots of new recipes.  Probably one of our most productive weekends working on the blog together.  In the process, we managed to make a huge mess of the entire house (I don't understand how it happens so quickly), but that's OK, we had fun.

I say that we were busy creating recipes, but what I should really say is that Tom was busy creating recipes.  I usually just do what he tells me to do.  I'm actually a disaster in the kitchen.  I'm very good at following directions and recipes (for the most part), but I make a huge mess and am not good at combining ingredients to come up with a great new dish.

On the other hand, we can pick up say for example, cod and cannelini beans from the grocery store and Tom can magically come up with a great recipe.  Sometimes I can be apprehensive about what he is making because I am somewhat of a picky eater, but (and only when it comes to making food :-) ) he always proves me wrong and it is delicious! Thankfully, he is a good teacher and I'm learning.

So anyway, here are some of the recipes Tom came up with this weekend that we will be posting over the next few days:

  • BBQ Sauce
  • Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing
  • Cod with Cannelini Beans & Tomatoes
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
  • Pureed Vegetable Soup


Side story about the cupcakes...

The first batch was kind of a disaster (although the jam and whipped cream were delicious!) - the cupcakes were terrible and had imploded and we didn't understand why.  So, the next morning I was determined to bake good cupcakes.  When I was reading through different recipes, it hit me - I realized why our first batch was so bad.  Because I used baking soda instead of baking powder.

Pretty sure Tom knew the whole time and was just being nice to me.

I'll never make that mistake again :-) !


0 comments:

Post a Comment